When learning about empathy, it is not hard to find tons of information out there that describes what it is and why being empathic can be problematic. But there’s not a lot of information on what the heck to do about it and even less information on how specifically to become an empowered empath. Totally frustrating!
If you have been trying to figure out what you need to do in order to get your empathy under control but keep coming up empty handed, you have come to the right place! I highly recommend bookmarking this page as it is kind of like a hub that will take you to other, more detailed articles about each particular topic. It will serve as a very handy launching point when you are beginning your journey toward becoming an empowered/skilled empath.
It’s all a process and not a one shot solution
First of all, it is important to note that becoming an empowered empath is a process that does not happen overnight. It is also important to note that there is no single way to go about learning how to master empathy, so this page will help to give the struggling newbie empath a starting point with fundamental info that can drastically help when it’s all overwhelming.
In the beginning, you will need to learn some basics in order to get the empathy under control so you aren’t debilitated by it. This will create a solid foundation from which to build upon for further empath empowerment. Deeper self work will be necessary in order to really become a master empath, but it is ultimately up to you how deep you want to go and how far you want to take it.
Whether you want to learn just enough to be able to function in the world, or you want to really dive deep and truly become empowered by your ability, there is something for everybody to learn!
So without further ado, here is my list of five basic, practical steps you can take to start getting a handle on your empathy today. This list is by no means definitive, and I am listing them in the order in which they worked best for me personally, but you can implement the steps in any way that resonates with you.
5 Steps to Empath Empowerment
- Grounding and centering. These are the single most foundational tools that every empath needs to use in order to come back to themselves and their own energy and personal emotions. Check out this article for a basic guide that includes 3 different and simple grounding techniques for empaths.
- Determining whether or not an emotion is yours. One of the keys to empath empowerment is knowing whether or not an emotion is yours. This will take the mystery out of the whole empath thing and start to give you your power back.
- Tips to deal with overactive empathy in the midst of an empath attack. We’ve all been there. You’re out in the world, at work, wherever, and you suddenly find yourself becoming very emotional for no reason. It becomes difficult for you to function, but you’re out and about and can’t do anything about it yet. This page gives tips on how to recollect yourself when you’re out in public and get you feeling a little better until you can get home and really deal with it.
- Successfully navigating crowds. One of the most common questions I get is how to deal with crowds as an empath. It can be highly overwhelming to feel the emotions of a huge crowd all at the same time and become very difficult for an empath to function. Learn how to successfully navigate being in a crowd without losing yourself.
- Clearing your energy field. Empaths are like emotional sponges that soak up other people’s “stuff”. It is important to keep your energy field clear and clean so that you can be your best self in the world and to learn how to let go of emotions that aren’t yours.
The Bottom Line
When you’re armed with practical empath tools, you can begin to use those tools in any way that works for you to create the life you want to have and experience. Once you begin to master the use of your tools, you will be well on your way to becoming an empowered empath.
I truly hope this helps you on your journey. Here’s to empath empowerment!